- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Lemon Drizzle Cake
When god gives you lemon, you make a lemon cake out of it !! Lemon drizzle cake would be an ultimate treat for Lemon lovers
For the Cake
- Grease and line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Grate the lemon skin and the Lemon zest is ready.
- In a large bowl , cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a electric whisk on medium speed for 5 mins.
- Add in the egg and beat them after each addition.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest mix well with the electric whisk.
- Add in the flour gradually and using cut and fold method mix it with a wooden/ rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter in the tray and bake it for 45 mins at 180 deg C until done . Check after 45 min by inserting a skewer if it comes out clean. Continue baking for another 5 mins if it doesn't.
- Once done take it out of the oven and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
For the drizzle / glazing the cake
- Mix the Lemon zest, sugar and lemon juice together to make the glaze.
- With the help of a skewer make some holes in the cake and drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Let the glaze soak in for some time and then the Lemon Drizzle Cake is ready to slice.
To make your own self rising flour mix 2 tsp of baking powder to 150 gms of all purpose flour/ plain flour.