- Yield: 6 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Vanilla Sponge Cake
This is a deliciously fluffy sponge cake recipe. It is simple, light and moist which also serves as a base for any layered cakes,suitable for any occasions !!
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees centigrade.
- Oil and line the baking tray with non-stick baking parchment paper.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Sift the self-rising flour with baking powder.
- Cream and blend the butter, sugar and vanilla essence with a hand blender and gradually add eggs one by one into the bowl beating them well after each addition.
- Add sifted self raising flour and baking powder to the mixture gradually folding in the milk and blend well until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mixture to the tin and gently tap the tin.
- Bake it for 35 mins on 180 deg centigrade until firm to touch or until the skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely and then cut into desired pieces.