- Yield: 6 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Vanilla Sponge Cake
This is a deliciously fluffy sponge cake recipe. It is simple, light and moist which also serves as a base for any layered cakes,suitable for any occasions !!
- Self-rising flour - 200 gms
- Butter - 175 gms ( at room temp)
- Castor Sugar - 175 gms
- Eggs ( medium sized) - 3 Nos.
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees centigrade.
- Oil and line the baking tray with non-stick baking parchment paper.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Sift the self-rising flour with baking powder.
- Cream and blend the butter, sugar and vanilla essence with a hand blender and gradually add eggs one by one into the bowl beating them well after each addition.
- Add sifted self raising flour and baking powder to the mixture gradually folding in the milk and blend well until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mixture to the tin and gently tap the tin.
- Bake it for 35 mins on 180 deg centigrade until firm to touch or until the skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely and then cut into desired pieces.
Thanks. I tried in my oven for the first time it came out soft and spongy. Everybody in my fly liked it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanx for sharing I will definitely try it
sure.. let me know how does it turn out:)
what can we use in the replace of eggs
Hey Shivi, I haven’t tried this recipe without eggs yet however curd wld be the best replacement for eggs.:)
If we don’t have self raising flour? Any alternative of that
Self Raising flour is nothing but a combination of 1 cup of all purpose flour plus 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp fine salt. Self raising flour is easily available in super markets these days.
So do we have to add baking flour twice ? One to make self rising flour and then in the cake prep?
Yes if you are using plain flour. For Self rising flour you do not need to since it already has baking flour.
What size baking pan/tray is used for this qyantity??
The pan I use for this recipe is 18 cm X 18 cm. You can use amore or less similar specification .. as long as the batter fits in the tray and there is enough space for the cake to rise
Hi.. Can you let me know the measurements of Flour, Butter and Sugar in terms of Cups.
Hey Krati, I haven’t tried making this cake with cup measurements. However you can use this conversion chart as a guideline )
Hi can i use salted butter…do u hav any idea which brand weighing machine gives acurrate result. I hav and its shows som nonsense
I use salted butter only for this cake. I use a digital weighing machine that I ordered from Amazon. A digital machine would give you accurate results.:)
The best recipe till date that worked bang on for my vanilla sponge cake 🍰 Thanks to YourcookingPal 😍
Awwwh.. Thank you so much dearie for your awesome feedback
Delicious & tasty cake
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.