- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Hot and Spicy Veg Noodles
Noodles tossed with veggies and stir fried in hot sauces. Delectable mix of spicy flavours that will surely tingle your taste buds.
- Noodles - 2 packets ( approx 400 gms)
- Onion - 1 cup (sliced )
- Capsicum - 1 cup (julienned )
- Carrot - 1/2 cup (julienned )
- Spring onion greens - 1/4 cup ( for garnish )
- White Button Mushroom - 4 -5 ( sliced)
- Cabbage - 1 cup (sliced )
- Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Cook the noodles in boiling water as per the instructions on the packet or according to the type of noodles being used.
- Drain them thoroughly and cool them under running water.
- Add a few drops for oil to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- In a small bowl mix soya sauce, schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce, turmeric powder, and sugar and keep this sauce paste aside.
- In a wok and on a high flame add oil, once its smoking hot add onions and ginger garlic chilli paste. Saute for a minute.
- Then add cabbage, capsicum, carrots, mushrooms and salt to taste. Toss well and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the sauce paste made earlier.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss them well. Season to taste.
- Garnish with spring onion greens. Serve hot.