- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Aloo Bhajia-Pakora - How to make Potato Fritters
Potato Bhajiyas/ fritters need no introduction. It is a very popular street food , a perfect accompaniment for any meal, and so good on its own too.
- Cut potatoes into thin roundels.
- Apply a little salt and turmeric to the potato roundels.
To make the batter for the Bhajia
- In a bowl add besan (gram flour) and add water gradually to make the batter, not too thick yet not runny.
- Add salt, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Add a pinch of baking soda.(add the soda right when you are frying the bhajias.)
To make the Bhajia,
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot dip the aloo roundels in the batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until they are a little golden and crisp on both sides. (Do not over fry).
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.