- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chicken Lollypop is the most famous chicken drumette starter, shaped in the form of a lollypop. These Lollypops are marinated with aromatics and spices, coated with flour and deep fried to yummy deliciousness.
- Chicken Drumlets (Lollypops) - 10-12
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Black pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Refined flour ( maida ) - 1/2 cup
- Corn flour - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 1 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Orange food color - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Red Dried Kashmiri chilli paste - 2 tsp
- Spring onion greens - for Garnish
- Oil - ( for deep frying)
To clean the chicken wings and make the lollipop
- For the coating prepare a batter using refined flour, corn flour, chopped ginger and garlic, pepper powder, red chilli paste, orange food color (optional) and salt.
- Add very little water not too much, since the batter should be a little thick to coat the lollypops well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. The oil should be hot.
- Coat the marinated lollypops in the batter and deep fry them on a slow flame until they are crispy and properly fried inside out.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve them hot with schezwan chutney.
Lollypops in Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- You may further add a twist to these lollypops by adding them to a sauce.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan and add 2 tsp of chopped garlic and 1 tsp of ginger and toss.
- Add chopped 2 green chillies and mix add all the sauces like the 1 tsp dark soya sauce, 2 tsp red chilli sauce, 2 tsp tomato sauce and mix. Add very little water to prevent the sauce from drying.
- Add few of the above fried lollypops to the sauce and mix .
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
SpAdd to Favourites