- Yield: 9 squares
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Chocolate Brownies... little chocolatey squares that are simply irresistible !! These are super rich, fudgy, moist and so gooey you cant resist having them. A super easy to make recipe for such a decadent dessert is a treat in itself !!
- All purpose flour (maida) - 3/4 cup
- Butter (salted) - 3/4 cup ( 170 gms approx)
- Castor sugar / Fine sugar - 1 cup
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder ( unsweetened) - 1/4 cup
- Eggs ( medium sized) - 3 Nos
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Icing Sugar /powdered sugar - for dusting on top
- Chocolate Sauce ( optional)
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - 1/4 cup
- Fresh cream - 2-3 tsp or as required
- Place butter in a a steel or a heatproof glass bowl on top of a sauce pan of boiling water .
- Stir occasionally until the butter melts completely.
- Add Chocolate chips and melt them and keep stirring the mixture.
- Now add sugar and stir the mixture continuously.
- Remove from the heat and leave the mixture to cool down but let it not begin to set.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and also grease the tray.
- Preheat the over at 170 deg C for 10 minutes until you prepare the batter.
- Once the butter, chocolate and sugar mixture has cooled down, add in the eggs one by one whisking them with a whisk or an electric blender. Blend smooth after each addition.
- Add Vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift and add the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture and whisk well .
- Add the batter in the lined cake tin and place it in the oven.
- Bake at 170 deg C for 35-40 minutes ( the time could vary depending on the oven settings).
- Keep a check after 35 mins. If you feel its still very moist,then allow it to bake for another 5 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer in the brownie. Please do not over bake.
- Take out the tray from the oven and allow it to cool. ( its perfectly normal to have cracks on the brownie )
- Once they are perfectly cooled cut them into squares and dust some icing sugar / powdered sugar ( use a sieve) and Chocolate Brownies are ready to eat!!
- Chocolate Sauce ( optional) : If you want them even more chocolatey , melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave ( just until they melt) and add some fresh cream and mix well. Coat each Chocolate brownie with this chocolate sauce or simply drizzle it over them.
Good recipes but I want only eggless recipes. Keep it up
Thank you Niti, ..Noted, will definitely try and post more eggless recipes