- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Garlic Sesame Chicken
Boneless and tender chicken pieces stir fried in sesame oil with loads of garlic.
- Boneless Chicken - 400 gms ( cut into strips or cubes)
- Garlic - 5 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Egg - 1 ( lightly beaten)
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce - 2 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Tomato sauce - 1 tsp
- Capsicum - 1 ( cut into squares)
- Onion - 1 (cut into squares)
- Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp ( lightly toasted for garnish)
- Spring onion greens - for garnish
- Oil - for deep frying
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, soya sauce and salt.
- Add egg (do not add all at once to avoid the coating becoming too runny).
- Add corn flour and coat the chicken well.
- Deep fry until cooked and slightly golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In a wok add 4 tbsp oil ( 1 tsp sesame oil mixed with any other oil of your choice)
- Add chopped garlic and sauté well for a minute.
- Add onions and capsicum and fry for a min.
- Then add the sauces and fried chicken. Sauté and mix well.
- Add seasoning ajinomoto if you prefer and salt accordingly.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion greens.