- Yield: 2 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Peri Peri Chicken
Peri Peri Chicken is grilled chicken dish originated from Portugal and Africa. The spicy marinated chicken is grilled to perfection!! Sizzle your taste buds with this grilled chicken , however the hotness can be adjusted as you like and served with additional hot sauces ( Nandos sauces taste the best along with this chicken)
- First Marinade
- Whole Chicken Legs - 2 ( approx 500 gms)
- Lemon juice - 3-4 tsp
- salt - as per taste
- Second Marinade
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece ( grated)
- Garlic - 7-8 (grated)
- Paprika / Kashmirilal - 2 tsp
- Deggi Mirch Powder / Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- Dried Red chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Mixed Herbs - 1/4 tps
- Butter - as required
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp
•Rub this Marinade all over the chicken cover it and marinate it for 4 hrs in the refrigerator.
To grill the chicken
• Preheat the oven at 220 deg C on grill mode for 10 mins.
•Add a aluminium foil on the baking tray and place the marinated chicken on them.
•Then apply butter on both sides.
- Grill for 35-40 mins.( continuously keep turning them while basting ( applying butter/oil) after every 10 minutes.
- To get the black specs on them, simply hold them with tongs on an open gas flame for 2-3 mins on both sides.
Serve the Peri Peri chicken along with Nandos Peri Peri Sauce and a rice of your choice. ( I served it with Mediterranean Tomato Rice )