- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Masala Toast Sandwich
This Sandwich was my favourite snack growing up. Mommy made this quite often. I was amazed when I was older and asked mommy for the recipe how easy it was. A very quick and easy recipe for breakfast / brunch and kids will definitely love this.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and keep aside.
- Chop and keep the onions and tomatoes ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and saute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute well.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder ,salt and mix well.
- Once you see the tomatoes leave oil from the sides add the potatoes .
- Mix well and cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add a spoonful of butter and mix.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well.
To make the sandwich on a Tawa/ skillet
- Heat the skillet / Tawa.
- Add a little butter on the pan and place the bread slices for a min and warm them for a minute.
- Apply butter on both sides of the bread and place the Potato filling on a slice and cover it with the other bread.
- Now on low to medium heat toast them on both sides gradually until they turn brown and crispy.
To make it in a toaster
- Pre heat the toaster for 2 mins.
- Add butter on both sides of the bread of each bread and also some on the toaster.
- Place a bread slice on the toaster.
- Add the potato filling on the bread and cover it with the other bread .
- Cover and toast them until golden brown .