- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Rice Pudding (Rice Kheer)
Rice kheer is a traditional sweet pudding made by boiling rice in milk and flavoured with cardamom powder, dry fruits and saffron.
- In a pan add milk and boil it until the milk is boiled.
- Once it has boiled add the rice to it and keep keep stirring at regular intervals until it thickens
- Once the rice is cooked add sugar (sugar can be adjusted on the basis of how sweet you want it to be)
- Add milk masala powder and a few strands of saffron.
- Stir occasionally to avoid it from sticking to the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Boil it until it further reduces until your desired thickness.
- Add cardamom powder in the end for extra flavor, otherwise the milk masala already has cardamom.
- Once it cools down a little serve it in a bowl.
- Garnish it with chopped almonds, Saffron( kesar) and pistachios.
Note: 1. You may also add rose essence or rose water if you like and make it even more royal :)
2.If you don't have Milk Masala at home you may also ground dryfruits like pista , cashewnuts, almonds, cardamom pods, nutmeg, saffron ( kesar) and make home made Milk masala powder