- Yield: 2-3 people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Trifle Pudding - Mango Flavour
A super easy yet scrumptious dessert that is so simple to put together in a jiffy. Since Mangoes are in season thought of whipping up this sweet heavenly pudding before Fresh Mangoes disappear from the market !!
- For the custard
- Milk - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Custard Powder - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 4-5 tsp or according to the desired sweetness
- For rest of the layering
- Mango pulp - 3-4 mangoes pulped . you may add a little cream and sugar in the mixie while making the pulp if they arent sweet enough
- Vanila cake - 4-5 slices
- Sweetened Whipped Cream - 1/2 cup
- Mango cubes and sliced mango - for garnish
- Blue Berries - for garnish
To make the custard :
- Heat a saucepan and add one cup milk to it and immediately add the custard powder and the sugar .
- Start whisking ( stirring) immediately so that no lumps are formed.
- Then add the rest 1/2 cup milk and keep whisking for 4-5 mins or until the custard thickens. Take care that it isn't too thick nor too runny.
- Let it cool down at room temperature for 10 -15 minutes before you assemble the pudding.
To assemble the pudding :
You may use one big bowl to assemble the pudding or you may choose to do it in small individual bowls like I did.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- In a bowl add small pieces of cake .
- Then spread a layer of custard.
- Then add a layer of mangoes cut into cubes.
- Then add a layer of sweetened whipped cream.
- Then spread some Mango Pulp.
- Again repeat of all the above steps to make another layer.
- Garnish with mango slices on the side and blueberries.
- Finally top it up with some whipped Cream.
- Serve chilled or as is.
You may also try the mixed fruit trifle pudding , very similar to this one and tastes equally amazing !!
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)