- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Akoori ( Indian styled Scrambled eggs )
Akoori is a Parsi dish that is scrambled eggs with Indian spices. I learnt this recipe from my Mom. Though this dish is originally made by adding beaten eggs, in this recipe, however directly added whole eggs to the gravy. It is very simple yet a lipsmaking dish.
- Heat oil in a flat frying pan.
- Add onions and saute until they cook and change color.
- Add tomatoes and cook well.
- Add Red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well. cook until oil seperates.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make 3 gaps in the gravy to add the eggs.
- Break the eggs one by one and add them to each gap.
- Sprinkle a little salt and chopped coriander leaves on them and cover it for a 2 mins until the eggs are cooked from one side.
- Flip the eggs alongwith the gravy gently and let them cook from the other side as well. ( you cannot flip it all at once so take it slow. Divide them into portions and then flip.)
- Serve hot with Roti /Chapati.