- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Veg Spring Rolls a yummy starter /appetizer that is loved by one and all. They are so crispy on the outside with yummy filling in the inside.
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup ( finely chopped)
- Carrot - 1/2 cup ( grated or cut into very fine strips)
- Capsicum - 1/2 cut into finely chopped
- Spring onion greens - 3-4 tsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp
- Soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Cooked Noodles - 1/4 cup
- salt - as per taste
- Oil - 3-4 tsp
- Spring roll ready made Pastry Sheets - as required
- All purpose flour (maida) - 2 tsp Maida dissolved in water to make a thick paste ( to seal the edges)
Defrost the pastry sheets and keep them ready.
For the filling
- Chop and keep all the veggies ready.
- Heat 3-4 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add the carrots and the cabbage and saute.( do not overcook the veggies)
- Add salt and soya sauce and mix well. (You may add other sauces also at this stage to make them a little spicy)
- Add the cooked noodles and toss them well.
- Take them off the flame and cool it down.
To make the Spring Rolls
- Place the spring roll pastry sheet diagonally on a flat surface.( chopping Board)
- Place the filling on one corner and fold the pastry sheet from that corner apply the flour paste on top of it.
- Now fold the other two corners to form a shape of an envelope and add the paste to both sides as well.
- Now roll it right until the end to form a roll and then add the paste to the end to stick it together in place so that it does not open while frying in the oil.
- Make all the rolls and keep aside.
Frying the spring Rolls
- Fry them in hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with sauce of your choice.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)
It looks like a great recipe….if u don’t mind can u post a picture of the spring roll sheets,or which brand is it….if in U.S.,did u pick it up from the local grocery stores…sorry too many qns…..
I stay in Singapore and it is a local brand named Spring Home ( TYJ spring roll pastry ) You will find it in the frozen section of any grocery shop. However if you do not find them you can use one cup maida and knead a dough with water, salt and oil. Then roll out the sheets and half roast them and use them as required