- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Schezwan Fried Rice
Schezwan Fried Rice is a famous Indo-Chinese dish, fried rice with veggies sautéed in tangy schezwan sauce. If you are craving from something spicy and want something to be prepared in a jiffy, this is exactly the dish. It is quick and easy to prepare yet flavorful and delicious.
- Cooked Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 4-5 ( finely chopped)
- Carrot - 1/4 cup (cut into thin long strips)
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup (cut into thin long strips)
- Schezwan sauce - 2 tbsp (ready-made)
- Schezwan chutney - 1 tsp (ready-made)
- Red chili sauce - 1 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Spring Onion Greens - for garnish
- Red or Orange food Color - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- In a wok heat oil, add onion, garlic and capsicum. Sauté for a minute on medium flame.
- Add cabbage and carrots and fry them well.
- Add all the sauces and sauté for a minute.
- Adjust the seasoning. ( go easy on the salt, since the sauces already have salt)
- Add the cooked rice and Orange / Red Food colour (optional) .
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with spring onion greens.
This rice goes well with Mix Vegetable Manchurian