- Yield: 2 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Pot Rice - Vegetables in Soya Garlic Sauce
Pot Rice is simply piping hot rice served in a pot with loads of vegetables in Soya garlic sauce.
- Rice - 1 and 1/2 cups ( cooked Rice )
- Mix Vegetables - 1 cup (Broccoli,Capsicum, Mushrooms, Carrots)
- Garlic - 7-8 pods ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 3-4 tsp 9 finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2-3 ( chopped)
- Spring onion whites - 3-4 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 2-3 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce - 2 tsp
- Cornflour - 1 tsp cornflour dissolved int 1/4 cup water.
- MSG - Ajinomoto (optional) - a pinch
- Spring onion greens - for garnish
- Water or Veg stock - 1/2 cup
- Blanch all the veggies except mushroom for 1 min in boiling salt water an keep aside.
- Heat 3-4 tsp of oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic , ginger and spring onion whites and saute. Add the green chilies as well.
- Add the blanched vegetables and toss them.
- Add the soya sauce and red chilli sauce and a mix well.
- Add the stock / water and bring to boil.
- Add in the salt and msg and mix well.
- Now add cornflour dissolved in water and mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the sauce thickens
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Keep some gravy aside and then add the rice in the remaining gravy and mix well.
- Add the rice in a pot and top it with the veggies. You can pour the gravy that was kept aside or serve it on the side.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens. ( you may keep aside a few blanched veggies to garnish as well)
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)