- Yield: 2-3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Crispy Vegetables in Sweet and Sour Sauce
This lip-smacking dish this is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Crispy fried veggies in sweet and sour sauce !!
- Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots (you may choose Veggies of your choice) - 5-6 medium florets of Broccoli, 5-6 florets of Cauliflower, 5-6 pieces of carrots
- To prepare the sauce
- Onion - 1 small( finely chopped)
- Spring onion whites - 3 tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 2-3 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 2-3 tsp ( finelychopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato sauce - 2-3 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce - 2 tsp
- Corn flour paste - 1/4 tsp dissloved in 2 tbsp of water
- sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 3 tsp
- Spring onion Greens - for garnish
- For the batter
- Corn Flour - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Black pepper (Kali Mirch) - a sprinkle
- Soda Bi Carb / Baking Soda - 2 pinches
- salt - as per taste
- Water - 3/4 cup to make the batter
- Oil - For deep frying
- Blanch the veggies in boiling salt water for 2-3 mins
- Drain them out and run them under water to cool them. ( do not over cook them or else they might turn soggy) Pat dry the veggies and keep them aside.
To make the sauce
- Keep the chopped onions, ginger garlic and chilli ready.
- Mix soya, tomato and chilli sauce and sugar in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a pan and add the aromatics onions, spring onions, Ginger, garlic, Green chilli and saute well.
- Add the red chilli flakes and mix.
- Add the mixed sauces and add little salt to taste.
- Add corn flour paste and mix and add 2-3 tsp of water to make some gravy if required and sauté for min.
- Keep the sauce ready before deep frying the veggies.
To prepare the batter
- Mix the corn flour and maida ( All Purpose Flour) and add ginger garlic paste , Pepper and salt.
- Add around 3/4 cup of water and mix well to make a paste. ( Not too thick nor too runny, just enough to coat the veggies)
- Coat the veggies in the batter and deep fry them until they are slightly golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- Add the veggies to the prepared sauce just when you are about the serve them.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.