- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
A simple and easy tomato soup made with fresh tomatoes. This soup is light yet very comforting and healthy.
- Tomato - 5-6 Medium sized
- Onion - 1/2 onion finely chopped
- Celery stalk - 1 tsp finely chopped
- Potato OR Corn flour - ½ potato or 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in ¼ cup water ( for thickness of the soup)
- Garlic - 2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - small pinch
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Fresh Cream - For garnish
- Bread croutons
- In a sauce pan heat 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add garlic, onion and celery , sauté well.
- Add potato and mix well. ( Instead of Potato if adding corn flour, add it later after blending)
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cover and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Add salt to taste to soften them.
- Cook well until the potatoes soften.
- Cool it for a while and blend them into a puree.
- Strain it in a bowl.
- Add a little water as per desired consistency for the soup.
- Pour the soup in the same pan and put it back on flame.
- Add pepper powder, red chilli powder, sugar, and cumin powder.
- Allow the soup to boil. (Optional- The corn flour dissolved in water can be added at this stage).
- Serve it in a bowl piping hot with bread croutons (recipe below).
- Garnish with cream (optional)
For bread Croutons
Cut white/ brown sandwich bread into small square pieces and deep fry in oil until golden brown.