- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Easy Bread Slice Pizza
Bread Slice Pizza is a simple and easy to make alternative for pizzas. Its saves the trouble of making the pizza dough and the ingredients required are easily available in our kitchen. Above all they taste equally scrumptious. A yummy treat for the kids. They love this delicious alternative to regular pizzas.
- Bread Slices - 4 ( White / Brown )
- For Tomato Base
- Tomato Puree - 4 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Italian Herb seasoning - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- For the topping
- Capsicum - 1 cut into juliennes
- Onion - 1 cut into juliennes
- Tomato - 1 cut into juliennes
- Italian Herbs seasoning - 1/4 tsp
- Dried Red chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Grated Processed cheese - 1 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil / any other oil - 4 tsp ( to saute veggies and to toast the bread)
- Salt - to taste
For Tomato base sauce
- In a pan heat 1 tsp oil, add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add Tomato Puree and Tomato ketchup and sauté.
- Add a pinch of salt and the Italian seasoning.
- Switch off the flame and allow this sauce to cool.
For the toppings
- In a pan heat a tsp oil and add all the veggies and salt to taste.
- Sauté just for a minute, cool and keep aside for a while.
For the Bread Slice Pizza
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins on 200 degree centigrade.
- In the mean while slightly trim the sides of the bread slices.
- Spread a little olive oil on the bread.
- Lightly toast them on both sides on a flat pan and take them out on a plate.
- Spread a tsp of the tomato base sauce on each slice.
- Now spread the sautéed veggies (toppings).
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes, Italian seasoning and finally the grated cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top if you like. (optional step)
- Place them in the oven for 7-8 mins or until the cheese melts.
For baking them on Gas stove
- Heat a flat surfaced tava (the one we make rotis) for 5-7 mins until very hot.
- Simultaneously heat a shallow frying pan on another stove and brush it with a little oil.
- Then add the bread slices along with the toppings and cheese on the frying pan.
- And then place the hot tava on the frying pan covering it
- Cover Bake until the base is crispy and the cheese on top of the bread melts.
Serve them hot along with sauce of your choice.
- Serve the Bread Slice Pizza hot, right from the oven or pan. That is when they taste the best. They may turn a little soggy after a while.
- You may choose to use any other toppings of your choice like mushrooms, diced pineapple chunks, olives etc.