- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Spaghetti in Red and White Sauce
Spaghetti in Red and White Sauce. It is cheesy, comforting and delicious. The white sauce makes it creamy while the tomato and tomato puree gives an amazing tang to it :)
- For the white Sauce
- Butter (salted) - 3-4 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- For the Spaghetti
- Spaghetti - 150 gms
- oil - 4-5 tsp ( olive oil preferred )
- onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato Puree - 1/4 cup
- Broccoli - 7-8 smal florets
- Capsicum - 1/2
- White Button Mushroom - 3-4
- Zucchini - 1/4 cup
- Basil leaves - 5-6 leaves ( to be torn and added)
- Grated Processed cheese - 1/4 cup ( cheddar)
- Dried Italian herbs - 1/4 tsp
- Dried Red chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
To make White sauce
- Heat butter in a pan and add Plain flour( maida) to it and let it cook for a 1 min or so ( taking care it doesn't burn)
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add a pinch of pepper powder and let it thicken and the white sauce is ready. Take it off the flame and keep aside.
To boil the spaghetti.( follow the instructions on the spaghetti pack) OR
- Boil 6-7 cups water in a sauce pan and add salt.
- Add spaghetti and cook until it is cooked .
- Drain the excess water and add 1 tsp to avoid it from sticking to each other.
To make Spaghetti in red and white sauce ( please refer to the step by step pics at the end of the recipe )
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and cook until they turn pink.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute or so.
- Add tomato and tomato puree and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add all the veggies capsicum, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Basil leaves, Italian herbs, dried red chilli flakes and cook well.
- Add white sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir well.
- Add the boiled spaghetti and mix everything well.
- Spaghetti in Red and white sauce is ready to serve. Serve it hot and garnish with Basil leaves.
Note: You may use any pasta of your choice to make this dish ...Happy Cooking :)