- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Coriander Chicken Curry
Coriander Chicken Curry is a super easy chicken dish to make which does not require much preparation and is an absolute favourite in our house. Unlike other coriander chicken gravies which are usually green this is a recipe with a twist. The tomato puree, ketchup and Kashmiri chilli powder gives it a deep red color. It is a tangy chicken gravy with a strong coriander flavour. The powdered coriander seeds and fresh coriander leaves gives it a distinct taste.
- Chicken - approx 800 gms ( on the bone medium cut)
- Onion - 3-4 ( very finely chopped)
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
- Tomato Puree - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 5 small cloves ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch ( finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 cup ( finely chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 5 tsp
- In a small bowl add all the powdered spices and mix them together to make a fine paste with very little water may be 3-4 tsp.
- Clean the chicken pieces thoroughly and add ¼ tsp salt and keep aside.
- In a pan heat add 5 tsp oil
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add green chillies and finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the mixed spice paste and stir well.
- Add tomato puree and tomato ketchup.
- Add fresh coriander and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins until the gravy starts leaving oil.
- Add chicken with very little water may be ½ cup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook and cover for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish with a coriander sprig and Coriander Chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with roti, nan or plain steamed rice.