- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Methi ki Sabzi - How to make Fenugreek Vegetable
This is an amazingly simple and easy recipe yet so flavourful. Though Methi ( fenugreek leaves) is a little bitter, cooking it this way reduces that bitter taste and makes it so yummy.
- Methi (Fenugreek leaves) - 1 bunch ( only the leaves)
- Cumin ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida) - a pinch
- Garlic - chopped( 6-7 cloves)
- Green chillies - 2 chopped
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Roasted Peanuts - 5-6 tsp (powdered)
- salt - as per taste
Follow the steps according to the pictures shown in the picture.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Zeera( cumin seeds).
- Add chopped garlic, hing (Asafoetida) and saute for a min.
- Add green chillies and onion and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and salt.
- The sabzi will then ooze out water.
- Let the water dry and then add the powdered groundnut.
- Mix well and serve hot with roti or simple dal rice.
- While cleaning the methi bunch ensure you only pluck the leaves and use that.
- Do not cover and cook that will retain its green colour.
- This veggie shrinks a lot after cooking so you need more methi if you intend to cook for many people.