- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Masala Papad - Zero Oil Recipe
Masala Papad is served as a starter or as an accompaniment in Indian restaurants. A quick and easy recipe to make that does not require too many ingredients. This delightful appetizer is totally guilt free as this is a zero oil recipe.
- Papad - 4
- Onion - 2 small ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 2 small ( finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves - 2-3 tsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- chaat Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp (to sprinkle on top)
Roast the papad on an open flame and keep them aside.
In a bowl mix onions, tomato, coriander, lemon juice, chat masala and salt.
On a serving plate place a papad.
Spread the onion tomato mixture.
Sprinkle some red chilli powder on top.
Consume immediately because after a while the tomatoes and onions start losing moisture and turn the papad soggy.
- If you prefer you may also deep fry the papad instead of roasting them.
- You may also add finely chopped raw mango to the topping.