- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Bharli Bhendi - Stuffed Okra fry - Bhindi
An easy to make Stuffed Okra fry recipe that is perfect as a side !! Simple yet yummy :)
- Roasted Groudnut - 1/4 cup
- Dry Cocomut - 1/4 cup
- Bhendi - 15-20 ( small sized)
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mango Powder (amchur ) - 1/4 tsp
- salt - as per taste
- sugar - 2-3 pinches
- garlic - 4-5 cloves
- oil - for frying
- Wash and pat dry the bhindi and slit them from one side and keep aside.
- Grind all the spices along with the groundnut, grated coconut ,salt and sugar into a coarse powder and the stuffing is ready.
- Now fill in the stuffing in each bhindi.
- Heat oil in a plan and add the bhindis to the oil and sprinkle the leftover stuffing over them and shallow fry them. ( Cook them on low to medium heat to prevent over frying and turning black)
- Fry them until they look done .
- Serve them hot.