- Yield: 20 cup cakes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These deep red spongy cupcakes are super easy to whip up and extremely scrumptious. The delicious and tangy cream cheese frosting on these put them over the top and surely make them irresistible. I baked these magical beauties for my son's Halloween Party. However they are sure to charm any occasion.
- Dry ingredients
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup ( approx 225 gms)
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp
- Icing Sugar /powdered sugar - 1 tbsp
- Milk Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soda Bi Carb / Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Wet Ingredients
- Butter - 2 tbsp ( at room temperature)
- Condensed Milk - 200 gms
- Red liquid food colour - 1 and 1/2 tsp ( can change depend on the type of color used)
- Butter Milk - 180 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese - 150 gm
- Icing Sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsalted Butter - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- For the Red Velvet cup cakes
- Line the cupcake baking tray with paper cups or aluminium tart cups.
- Preheat the oven at 250 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- Also keep the Hand blender ready.
- Sieve the all-purpose flour atleast 2-3 times.
- Sieve the other dry ingredients once, cocoa powder, icing sugar and Milk powder.
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl except the butter milk, add all the other wet ingredients like the butter, condensed milk,vanilla essence and red food colour and blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches, alternatively along with the butter milk.(do not add the dry ingredients and butter milk all at once).
- Keep blending after each addition.( however do not over blend them)
- Add the baking powder and baking soda and blend again and the batter is ready.
- With an ice-cream scooper fill in the batter in each cup.( Do not overfill them, only 3/4th full )
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180 deg C.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes at 180 deg C.
- Check with a skewer if it comes out clean, that indicates its done (if it doesn’t again bake them for another 5 mins).
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl add butter and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Add the cream cheese and butter and blend together.
- Add vanilla essence and blend again.
- Then gradually add the icing sugar in batches , beating the mixture after each addition for 4-5 mins until the frosting is stiff enough.
- It is extremely important to allow the cupcakes to completely cool before you add the frosting on them or else the frosting on them will melt away.
- Add the frosting in a piping bag and make swirls on the cup cakes.
- You may further decorate them by adding sprinkles on them .
- These yummy beauties are ready to serve. Happy Baking :)
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)