- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: - minutes
Instant Srikhand - How to make Homemade Shrikhand
Shrikhand a typical Maharashtrian dessert that suits all festive occasions. I always thought it would be a strenuous process to prepare shrikhand at home, until I tried this. I m sure you will never buy that store bought pint ever again !! If you have wondered how to prepare this yummy dessert at the comfort of your home keep reading:)
- Thick Yogurt - 500 gms
- Sugar ( fine) - 3-4 tbsp ( or as desired)
- Saffron ( kesar) - 2 pinches
- Mixed Dry Fruits - 3-4 tsp
- Charoli / Chironji - 1 tsp
- Cardomom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder - a pinch ( optional)
- Tie the curd in a Muslin cloth.
- Let the water drain for minimum 1/2 an hour.
- Take it out in a bowl, add fine/ powdered sugar as desired and mix well with a spoon.
- Add kesar( saffron) , chironji, chopped dry fruits, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- You can have it immediately however keep it refrigerated for 2-3 hr before serving for best results.
- While serving take it out in a bowl mix well and garnish with all the dry fruits and serve chilled.
- Use thick and creamy curd for best results.
- You may use kesar ( saffron) dissolved in 2 tsp milk for instant colour to the Shrikhand.
- Chironji is a small almond flavored seed used in Indian cooking especially desserts.
- If you want plain shrikhand without any flavor simply add sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Rest of the steps remain the same.
- This is best eaten with Pooris :)