- Yield: 8-9 skewers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tandoori Prawns - How to make Barbecue Prawns
These yummy prawns and good friends will make for a perfect and relaxed barbecue party! These skewered barbecued prawns cook quickly and stay succulent on the barbecue.
- Prawns - 500 gms
- First Marinade
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 4 tsp
- Mustard Oil - 2-3 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Second and Final Marinade
- Hung curd / thick yogurt - 3 tsp
- Mustard Oil - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Tikhalal ( everest - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala / Everest Chicken Masala - 2 tsp
- Tandoori Masala - 1 tsp
- Carom Seeds ( Ajwain) - 1 tsp
- Besan - 4-5 tsp
- For Basting / brushing
- Butter - as required
- While cleaning the prawns devein them and keep the tails intact.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned in the first marinade and marinate the prawns for 15-20 mins.
Second and Final Marinade
- Dry roast ajwain and besan together in a pan until you get a nice aroma from the besan. Do not roast it too much.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned for the second marinade. Add salt and you may adjust by adding the spices according to your preference.
- Add the marinated prawns.
- Marinate the prawns at least for 30 mins ( minimum) .
- Keep the skewers soaked in water at least 15 to 20 minutes before arranging them on skewers. (This prevents the skewers from burning)
- Now arrange the prawns pieces on the damp skewers.
- Alternatively you can also grill them on gas stove like shown below. Just keep a watchful eye while grilling them at home on a gas stove.
- With a brush or a spoon apply butter to the prawns on all sides.
- Cook them well from all sides.
- Serve hot along with coriander mint chutney.