- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Trifle Pudding is an easy to make layered dessert that looks colourful and vibrant. The best part is transform your leftover sponge cake into this lip smacking dessert. It is surely an eye pleaser so be sure to impress your guests with this stunner !!
- To make the Custurd
- Milk - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Custurd Powder ( Vanilla flavoured) - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Rest of the Ingredients for layering
- Vanilla sponge Cake - 7-8 pieces
- Pineapple ( canned) - 1/4 cup ( cut into chunks)
- Stawberries - 1/2 cup ( cut into chunks)
- Blue Berries - 1/4 cup ( whole)
- Strawberry syrup - As required
- Whipped cream - As required
- Heat a saucepan and add one cup milk to it and immediately add the custard powder and the sugar .
- Start whisking ( stirring) immediately so that no lumps are formed
- Then add the rest 1/2 cup milk and keep whisking for 4-5 mins or until the custard thickens. Take care that it isn't too thick nor too runny.
- Let it cool down at room temperature for 10 -15 minutes before you assemble the pudding.
To assemble the pudding :
You may use one big bowl to assemble the pudding or you may choose to do it in small individual bowls like I did.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
Layering the Pudding
- In a bowl add small pieces of cake .
- Then a layer of custard
- Then drizzle some strawberry syrup.
- Then add a layer of fruits , strawberries, blue berries and pineapple.
- Then again repeat of all the above steps.
- Garnish with Fruits and finally top it up with some whipped Cream.
- You may refrigerate the pudding for 1 hr before serving. However garnish it with whipped cream later on when you are finally serving it.
- You may add any fruits of your choice.
- You may also add fruit jelly or fruit jam in between the layers.