- Yield: 2 glasses
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: - minutes
Kokum Sharbat - Juice
Kokum is a fruit also known as 'Garcinia Indica' that resembles a dark purple plum. The fruit is halved and then sun dried, the dried fruit is called Kokum or Amsool. It later turns blackish, darkish purple in colour and imparts a pinkish purple colour to drinks. It has a strong sour taste . It is widely used for cooking in curries in India mostly in Maharashtra . It has many significant health benefits. It resolves health issues like acidity and indigestion. Kokum Sharbat is a cool and a refreshing drink for the hot scorching summer.
In case you do not have Kokum Agal ( Kokum concentrate) you may soak a few kokum petal in a cup hot water and then use the extract. Alternatively you may also blend and strain it for use.
- In a bowl add the cold water.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Then add the kokum syrup
- Then add a pinch of black salt and plain salt
- Taste and adjust it according to your preference.
- Then add Zeera powder and mix well.
- In a serving glass add ice cubes and add the kokum Sharbat and serve Chilled :)