- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Poori ( How to make Puri )
A perfect recipe to make yummy fluffy Pooris . These are like the perfect accompaniment with sabzis and sweets such as shrikhand or halwa.
- Wheat flour - 3 cups
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup + 2/3 tsp more(depending on the flour)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - for deep frying.
- In a mixing bowl add the wheatflour, milk flour and salt.
- Add in water gradually to make a medium-soft dough
- Please go easy the water and add as needed. I needed around 1/2 cup water plus a little more to knead the dough. However it might vary.
- Keep the dough aside for min 2o-30 mins.
- Make small equal sized balls.
- Flatten the ball , dust them with flour and roll them into small flat roundels. ( around 4-5 inches or depending on the size required)
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add the puris in the hot oil, gently pressing them on each side with a spoon (this will help them puff up)
- Fry them until golden brown on both sides.