- Yield: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Egg Fried Rice
Egg fried rice is very popular Indo Chinese rice that can be relished with any Chinese gravies of your choice. It’s a quick and easy dish to prepare in a jiffy.
- Cooked Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Eggs - 2 ( lightly beaten)
- Garlic - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 2 slit
- Carrot - 1/2 cup (cut into thin juliennes )
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup
- Soya Sauce - 2 tsp
- Green Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1/4 tsp
- MSG - 1 pinch optional
- Spring greens - for garnish
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Heat 4 tsp. oil in a wok
- Add garlic, green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add the carrots and capsicum (or any other meat or veggies of your choice like cabbage or French beans)
- Slide the veggies to a side in the wok itself and add the eggs.
- Let the eggs settle for a while and then with the spoon scramble them .
- When the egg seems cooked, mix well with the veggies.
- Add soya sauce, green chilli sauce, MSG and sauté well.
- Add in the cooked rice and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Goes well very with Mix Vegetable Manchurian
- Use rice that is completely cooled down.
- Stir fried recipes turn best when they are cooked in small batches. This Egg Fried Rice recipe can be divided into portions i.e. cooked with 1 cup rice at a time.
- Indo Chinese food needs to be cooked on a high flame, so while cooking you may adjust the flame accordingly.