- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Kolambi Bhaat is a yummy prawns rice that has so much flavour to it. This rice is very similar to a pulav and is mostly made in Maharashtra. Kolambi refers to Prawns while Bhaat refers to Rice in Marathi hence 'Kolambi Bhaat'
- Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 ( chopped)
- Whole Garam Masala - Cardamom pods- 2-3 nos, Bay leaf – 2 nos. Peppercorn – 8-9 nos.,Cloves – 2-3 nos.,Cinnamon – ¼ inch piece , 1 star anise
- Oil and ghee - 3 + 2 tbsp
- Prawns - 6-7 ( if small sized 10-15)
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp for marinating the prawns
- Green Paste -(green chilli- oriander + mint) - 2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder / Malwani Masala - 3 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Everest Biryani Pulav Msaal - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/2tsp
- Roasted dried coconut powder - 3 tsp
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 10-12 broken into small pieces
- Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Marinate the prawns with turmeric power, salt and 1/4tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Heat 1 and 3/4 cup of water in sauce pan.
- Mix and heat oil and ghee together in a pressure cooker.
- Add the whole Garam masala and saute.
- Add the chopped onions and mix well and saute until they look just cooked ( do not brown them).
- Add the chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric, Everest Biryani Pulav Masala, Red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the cleaned and shelled prawns and cashewnuts and mix.
- Add Basmati rice and mix well.
- Add the hot water and salt.
- Then add the dried coconut.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix .
- Add 2 tsp of lime juice and mix well.
- Cover the cooker with its lid and on medium flame cook until one whistle.
- Open the cover only when the cooker completely cools down.