- Yield: 2people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Sukha Javla - Dried Prawns
Easy to make and a quick side dish that is usually accompanied with a fish thali in most popular Malwani /Konkani restaurants. Fish lovers love this dish and would have certainly tried it , while some are put off with smell of the dried fish. However cooked in the right manner this dried fish tastes amazingly good... try it out to know :)
- Sukha Javla ( dry prawns) - 3/4 cup
- onion - 3 ( chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1/2 or one small (finely chopped)
- garlic - 6-7 cloves ( chopped)
- Red Chilli powder / Malwani Masala - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Hing - one pinch
- Kokum - 4 petals
- Fresh Grated coconut - 2-3 tsp
- Dry roast the Javla in a pan and add it to colander and wash is under running water. Let all the water drain while you go ahead with rest of the procedure.
- Heat 4 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add chopped garlic and saute.
- Now add chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato and kokum petals and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder/Malwani Masala , turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the roasted and washed dried Prawns (javla ) and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 mins or until it looks done.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Menu above : Aloo Capsicum, Javla ( dried Prawns), Tomato Saar ( Tomato Coconut Curry) ,Salad and Masala Dal, Rice , Chappati and Pickle.
Do try the above recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)