- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Sabudana Vada / Cheesy Sabudana Vada
Sabudana Vadas are usually a very famous snack made during the fasting days. They are not only yummy but are also very easy to make.
I however tried a slight variation to the regular Sabudana vadas. Turn your plain Sabudana vada into a cheesy one. Cheese lovers will surely love this twist to a regular one. This definitely is a fusion snack !!
- Sabudana ( Sago) - 3/4 cup
- Potatoes - 4 ( Boiled medium sized )
- Green chillies - 5 ( finely chopped)
- Rock Salt - 2 -3 pinches
- Red chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Groundnut - 1/4 cup Roasted and slightly crushed
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 4-5 tsp chopped
- salt - as per taste
- Oil - For deep frying
- Processed cheese (cheddar)/ Mozzarella - as required ( small cubes)
- Wash the sabudana ( sago) 2-3 times and then soak in 1/2 cup water over night. Just ensure they remain moist by sprinkling water if needed or if you feel they have dried out.The grains should be well separated and moist.
- In a bowl add the soaked sago ( sabudana) and all the other ingredients.
- Mix together well to make a dough.
- Make round balls and flatten them a little.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry them until they are slightly golden brown in colour and plain sabudana vadas are ready. Serve them hot with chutney.
For the white coconut Chutney
Grind 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut, 1/2 inch ginger piece,1 green chilli, a pinch of cumin seeds or cumin seed powder, 10-15 cashew nuts and salt in a blender with some water and the Coconut chutney is ready.
Cheesy Sabudana Vadas
- I tried a slight variation with few of them by simply adding cheese cube as shown in the pic below.
- Use the same dough, place the cheese cube and then normally shape them in a ball and flatten them.
- Then deep fry them. Cheesy Sabudana Vadas are ready :)