- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Dabeli is potato veggie sandwiched between Pav/buns and garnished with variety of other items like spicy peanuts pomegranate, sev, coriander and grated coconut. It is definitely a blend of all the flavours !! It is spicy, tangy, and sweet all at the same time.. The pomegranate and peanuts add a special crunch to every bite..
- Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 4 ( finely chopped)
- Boiled potatoes - 4 ( medium sized)
- Dabeli Masala - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Butter - 4-5 tsp
- For Garnishing
- Spicy peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Fresh Grated coconut - 3-4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 -4 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Pomogranate - 1/4 cup
- Nylon sev - 1/4 cup
- Red chilli Garlic chutney - as required
- Date Tamarind Chutney - as required
- Pav buns - as required
- In a pan heat butter and oil add chopped onions and fry well.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the Dabeli Masala, salt and mix well. Cook well until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix well and mash them well with the help of a masher.
- Add some more dabeli masala, salt, sugar and squeeze half a lemon.
- Switch of the flame and spread it out in a flat plate.
- Garnish it with grated coconut, coriander, peanuts, sev and pomegranate.
- Create a slit in the pav and add both the chutneys , date tamarind Chutney and Red garlic chutney ( blend soaked 5-6 dry red chillies with 3-4 garlic cloves , lemon juice and salt) .
- Add the potato filling in the pavs and heat them on the pan with some butter. Serve hot.