- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Date Tamarind Chutney
Date and Tamarind chutney is a sweet and sour chutney that is used in many Chaat recipes. This chutney is a great accompaniment with other snack items like samosa or Batata wada. Try making the chutney with this easy to follow recipe, I am sure you will love it.
- Soak Tamarind with some water atleast for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add the soaked tamrind, dates and jaggery.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil well.
- Add cumin powder and salt.
- Add sugar and cook until the entire mixture looks well cooked.
- Add water if you feel it has thickened too much and cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Strain it through a strainer.
- Use a spoon to press the mixture on the strainer so that the entire content is strained well.
- The Date and Tamarind chutney is ready.
Additional Tips :
If you prefer you may also add other spice powders like roasted fennel( sauf) powder, dry ginger powder,red chilly powder or black salt.