- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Masala Pav is a quick and yummy fast food recipe you can ever make. Its a classic Mumbai style street food, thats comforting and sinful. A spicy, tangy onion-tomato- capsicum gravy( masala) sandwiched between the butter laden pavs.
To make the Masala ( gravy)
- Chop and keep all the ingredients ready.
- On a tawa heat 5 tsp of butter
- Add the onions and saute for a min and take care your do no let them brown or over cook. just cook them until they soften a little.
- Add the garlic paste and mix well.
- Add capsicum ( I used red and yellow capsicum however green is also fine) and saute for 2 mins or until the capsicum softens.
- Add tomato and mix well and cook well until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the pav bhaji masala , red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Then with a pavbhaji masher mash it into a gravy.
- Add 3-4 tsp of butter and mix well.( this gives that sheen to the gravy)
- Continuously keep stiring and mixing the gravy .
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well and the masala is ready.
To make the Masala pav
- You may move the gravy to the sides of the tawa
- Slit the pav in the middle
- Add butter in the empty space and place the slit pav,
- Coat the pavs with the gravy as well as add some gravy sandwiching it between the pav.
- Garnish with coriander and butter. Serve them hot along with chopped onions.
- I did choose to make it on a tawa( flat griddle) however you may use any flat pan of your choice.
- You may also add 1-2 boiled potatoes to the masala if you like.