- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cheese Pav Bhaji Fondue
Fondue is such a fun and informal way to gather friends and family together. Originallyis made only using different types of cheese (Original fondue recipe) . Cheese Pav Bhaji Fondue however is a Indo Swiss fusion. Hot cheesy Pav Bhaji served with a twist.
- Onion - 2 ( medium sized ) very finely chopped
- Tomato - 3 ( very finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/2( very finely chopped)
- Garlic Paste - 1tsp
- Deggi Mirch Powder( MDH) - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaaji - 2 tsp
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup ( boiled and mashed)
- Cauliflower - 1/4 cup ( boiled and Mashed )
- Capsicum - 4 tsp( very finely chopped)
- Potato - 3 (medium sized boiled and mashed)
- Processed cheese (cheddar) - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 50 gms
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Heat 3 tsp oil and 3 tsp Butter in a pan .
- Add finely chopped onions and saute until they are cooked and golden brown.
- Add the garlic paste and mix well.
- Add the finely chopped capsicum and mix.
- Add Tomatoes and cook them well until they are soft and mushy
- Add all the powdered spices and mix.
- Add salt .
- Add tomato puree and mix.
- Once it starts leaving oil from the sides add the cauliflower and peas and mix well.
- Now add mashed potatoes and mix.
- Using a masher mash the bhaji well until it is pureed.
- Add water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on a low flame for atleast 10 mins stirring at regular intervals.
- Add 3 tsp of butter and mix well.
- Add Cheese and finely chopped coriander and mix well and let it cook until the cheese melts and turn off the flame.
- Serve the hot pav bhaji in the fondue cup with a candle lit below it.
- Garnish with some grated processed cheese, chopped onions and coriander.
- Toast some bread and cut them into bite sized portions to go along with it.
- If you do not have a fondue pot , you may serve it in a regular bowl with the same setup and use bbq skewers .
2. You may add also add mozzarella cheese to it.
Thank you for visiting my blog :) Do check out www.yourcookingpal.com for many more recipes. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Till then Happy Cooking :)