- Yield: 5 wraps
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Paneer Potato Frankie
Frankie a very popular street food on the streets of Mumbai. These plain flour wraps with yummy filling are sure to satisfy the spicy, tangy food cravings.
- For the wraps (outer covering)
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - if needed
- salt - as required
- For the filling
- Boiled Potato - 4 ( peeled and mashed)
- Cottage Cheese(Paneer) - 1/4 cup ( grated )
- Green chilli - 3 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1/2 tsp
- amchur - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- For filling in the wraps
- Tomato Ketchup - as required
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup ( shredded
- Onion - 1/4 cup ( finely sliced)
- carrot - 1/4 cup ( finely shredded)
To make the dough for the cover
- In a bowl mix both the flours , salt and mix in milk gradually and knead into a soft dough. You may also add in a little water to make the dough softer.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth.
- Keep aside the kneaded dough for atleast 1/2 an hour.
To make the filling
- In a pan heat oil and add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add the mashed potato and mix .
- Add all the dry powdered spices except the garam masala and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Then add the paneer and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala and mix and the filling is ready.
To make the frankie.
- Heat a skillet / flat plan .
- Take a small ball of dough and roll out a circle as we normally do for roti/ chappatis. ( It should be too thick not very thin)
- Place it on the hot skillet and roast it from both sides apply butter and flip doing the same on the other side too.
- You may prepare all of the rotis and keep aside.
- Shred some carrots and cabbage. Also thinly slice onions . Mix the carrot and onions and add some salt and chat masala and lemon and keep aside.
- Now you may place a roti on a flat surface add some tomatoto sauce and spread it well.
- Then add shredded cabbage.
- Place a roll of the filling and add the carrot and Onion mix.
- Add some green chutney and sprinkle some chat masala and fold the roti.
- Now add butter on a hot skillet and roast the folded roti on both sides and the frankie is ready to eat :)
- Enjoy hot with tomato ketchup on the side.