- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tomato Sabzi is a quick and easy to make veggie that is spicy, tangy and tastes yummy with hot rotis / chappatis. This is just perfect for the tiffins as it doesn't take much time to cook and can be made in a jiffy.
- Tomato - 5 ( medium sized - finely chopped)
- Onion - 2 ( small sized - finely chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1
- Garlic - 6 cloves ( chopped/ crushed)
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - a pinch
- Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp (a mix of Deggi Mirch and Kashmiri Chilli Powder)
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2-3 tsp ( chopped)
- Roasted Peanuts - 2 tsp ( crushed)
- Oil - 5 tsp
- Heat 4-5 tsp oil in a kadai.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and once they splutter add garlic and green chilli.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they change color and look cooked ( do not brown them).
- Add all the dry spices and fry. ( Add more chilli powder if you like it spicy)
- Immediately add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt and sugar ( to cut the acidity of the tomatoes) and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the lid and add roasted peanut powder (optional)
- Add coriander leaves and cook for a minute or so if the gravy is too runny.
- Its ready to serve. Enjoy the Tomato Sabzi with rotis/ Chapattis.
Additional Tip : Mash is completely with a masher and can also be served as a chutney / dip.