- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Tava Pulao is such an easy recipe, yet so delightful and yummy. It is also known as the Mumbai Pulao. It is made by the pav bhaji vendors on the same tawa on which they make pav bhaji and with more or less the same ingredients. The rice is tangy , spicy and has a subtle pav bhaji flavour.
- Onion - 2 ( cut into cubes/ chunks)
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Capsicum ( green, red and yellow) - 1/2 cup ( cut into cubes)
- Tomato - 4 cut into cubes/ chunks)
- Red chilli powder - 3 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala ( everest) - 2 tsp
- Tomato Puree - 2 tsp ( optional)
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tsp
- Paneer - 150 gms ( cubes)
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Coriander - finely chopped
- Pre cooked Basmati rice - Used 1 cup of raw basmati rice
- In a wok heat 6-7 tsps. of oil and add onions and saute until they are soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add capsicum and saute for a min or until they soften.
- Add tomatoes and mix well .
- Add Pav Bhaji Masala and Red chilli powder and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add Tomato puree and tomato sauce and mix well for a minute or until the oil separates.
- Add salt to taste and add the paneer cubes.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Add green peas and cover and cook for 2 mins keeping a check on it continuously.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take it off the flame and serve it with raita of your choice.
The rice shouldn't be soggy. It should be well cooked yet well separated.