- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Jeera Rice is an yummy cumin flavoured rice that can enhance the taste of any curries or dal served along. Simple yet amazingly flavourful and aromatic rice especially this one is quick pressure cooker version of Jeera Rice. The fried cumin seeds just imparts and adds an awesome flavour to the rice .
- Heat 1 and 3/4 cups of water in a sauce pan.
- While water is boiling ,simultaneously in a pressure cooker heat ghee and oil.
- Add the green chilli and Cumin ( jeera) and saute for a minute until the jeera crackles.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Then add the hot boiling water along with 1 tsp salt.
- Mix well and cover the pressure cooker along with the whistle.
- Cook on medium flame until one whistle and switch off the gas.
- Do not open atleast for 15 mins or until the cooker has completely cooled down.
- You may mix it well and reheat whenever you are serving it.
Serve hot along with gravy of your choice or dal tadka!!
- You may also choose to add whole garam Masala like bay leaves, dalchini , cardamom, mace and pepper in the oil along with jeera if at all you like that flavour .
- The water added depends on the rice however I always add 1/4 cup water lesser than the double amount of rice i.e. if 1 cup rice used then use 1 and 3/4th cup of water, if 2 cups of rice then use 3 and 3/4th cup of water.