- Yield: 3 persons
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cauliflower Manchurian-How to make Gobhi Manchurian
Cauliflower Manchurian is a perfect Indo Chinese Starter. The deep fried cauliflower tastes amazing on its own, however when the sauces are added it gives them an amazing flavour all together. Its slightly sweet, spicy and tangy all at the same time !!
- Cauliflower - 15-16 florets
- Cornflour - 4 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) - 4 tsp
- Black pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic ( finely chopped) - 4 tsp
- Ginger ( finely chopped) - 4 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 ( finely chopped/ slit)
- Red chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
- Green Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Spring onion greens - for garnish
- Wash and pat dry cauliflower florets.
- In a bowl mix corn flour , refined flour and add salt and pepper powder.
- Add water and prepare batter of a pouring consistency ( not too runny though)
- Coat each floret with the batter.
- Deep fry the florets in hot oil on a low flame. ( Try and retain the white colour if possible while frying. Fry only until they are cooked,do not fry them excessively )
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- In a wok heat 3 tsp oil .
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add in all the sauces and also add vinegar. ( you may adjust the sauces as per your preference)
- Add 1/4 cup of water to prevent it from drying. Adjust the seasoning. ( do not add too much salt as the sauces already have salt in them)
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets and mix well to coat each floret with the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
You may also check Mix Veg Manchurian recipe for the Manchurian gravy.