- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spice up your meals with this flavourful coconut based Prawn curry. This curry is a complete delight try it with some steamed rice and fish fry on the side. Its tangy, spicy and truly yummy!!
- Prawns - 10 medium sized ( peeled with tails intact and deveined)
- Fresh Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Coriander seeds (Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Tomato (optional) - 1 small size
- Fennel seeds (Saunf/ Badhishep) - one pinch
- Tamarind - 4 small pieces
- Dried Red Chilli ( Bedgi variety) - 7-8 deseeded and soaked in warm water
- Garic - 3-4 cloves for tadka
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Coriander for garnish
- In a blender grind coconut , ginger, garlic , coriander seeds, fennel seeds, dried red chillies, tamarind and tomato together to a smooth paste with some water and keep aside.
- In a pan add 4 tsp oil.
- Add curry leaves, crushed garlic and sauté.
- Add Prawns and sauté for a minute.
- Then add the ground mixture and add some water as per the desired consistency.
- Add salt and if you prefer the curry a little sour you may add 2-3 kokum peels( this step is optional)
- Boil for 7-8 minutes and the curry is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves while serving.
- Prawn curry tastes awesome with steamed rice and fried fish.