- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spice up your meals with this flavourful coconut based Prawn curry. This curry is a complete delight try it with some steamed rice and fish fry on the side. Its tangy, spicy and truly yummy!!
- Prawns - 10 medium sized ( peeled with tails intact and deveined)
- Fresh Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Coriander seeds (Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Tomato (optional) - 1 small size
- Fennel seeds (Saunf/ Badhishep) - one pinch
- Tamarind - 4 small pieces
- Dried Red Chilli ( Bedgi variety) - 7-8 deseeded and soaked in warm water
- Garic - 3-4 cloves for tadka
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Coriander for garnish
- In a blender grind coconut , ginger, garlic , coriander seeds, fennel seeds, dried red chillies, tamarind and tomato together to a smooth paste with some water and keep aside.
- In a pan add 4 tsp oil.
- Add curry leaves, crushed garlic and sauté.
- Add Prawns and sauté for a minute.
- Then add the ground mixture and add some water as per the desired consistency.
- Add salt and if you prefer the curry a little sour you may add 2-3 kokum peels( this step is optional)
- Boil for 7-8 minutes and the curry is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves while serving.
- Prawn curry tastes awesome with steamed rice and fried fish.
Very nice easy recipes…..vl surely try it ds way…..
Sure Minal, Do let me know how it turns out
Where are tomatoes mentioned in the ingredients?
Do we need to roast the coriander and chillies??
I never mentioned the tomatoes since the original recipe doesn’t require tomatoes and its optional. And do not roast the chillies or coriander seeds add them directly to grind. You may soak the red chillies in water to soften them before you grind them.
I really like ur recipe it’s very easy n lovely in taste
Thank you so much Hemangi