- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Schezwan Chilli Chicken
Schezwan Chilli Chicken is a perfect Indo Chinese Chicken Starter dish. It is so easy to prepare and can be prepared in a jiffy. Its tangy, its spicy and super yummy !!
- For Marinating the Chicken
- Chicken - 300 gms
- Egg - 1 ( use as required)
- Corn flour - 4 tsp
- Soya Sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Schezwan chutney - 1 tsp
- For Schezwan Chilli Chicken
- Capsicum - 1 ( small sized cut into triangles)
- Onion - 1( cut into small chunks/cubes)
- Garlic ( finely chopped) - 2-3 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece cut into juliennes
- Dried Red Chilli - 2
- Green Chilli - 1 ( slit)
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce - 2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Spring onion greens / ginger juliennes - optional for garnish
Marinating and Coating the Chicken pieces
- Cut the chicken pieces into long thin strips. ( This ensures faster cooking of the chicken pieces)
- Marinate the chicken with salt, soya sauce, schezwan chutney, egg ( beaten however do not put in all the egg at once, as it shouldn't be too runny).
- Now add corn flour and mix well to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces in hot oil.
For Schezwan Chilli Chicken
- In a wok heat 2-3 tsp oil, add garlic and sauté, add ginger , red chillies and green chilly.
- Add the capsicum , onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauces and stir fry for a minute.( add 2 tsp of water if you feel its drying out)
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Check seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Serve hot and garnish with ginger juliennes or spring onion greens.