- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Kadai Mushroom Masala
Kadai Mushroom Masala, a spicy, tangy semi dry tomato based gravy. The capsicum adds a special zing to the gravy. It is simple and easy to make and definitely a show stopper for your meals.
- White Button Mushrooms - 8-10 ( medium sized sliced)
- Onion - 2 Nos ( sliced)
- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece( Julienned/grated)
- Tomato - 2 Nos ( blended into a puree without water)
- Capsicum - 8-10 small sized pieces
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 & 1/2 tsp ( used a mix of kashmiri chilli powder and Deggi Mirch Powder)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2-3 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Heat 4-5 tsp oil in a pan ( preferably a kadai).
- Add onions and stir fry for 2 mins until they are cooked and change color.
- Add garlic paste and fry for a minute and add ginger juliennes.
- Add tomato puree and all dry spices except the garam masala.
- Cover and cook the gravy until oil separates.
- Add the capsicum and cook until the capsicum softens.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for two to three minutes until the mushrooms look cooked.
- Add Garam Masala and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with ginger juliennes and coriander leaves.