- Yield: 10 cutlets
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants. Beetroot cutlets are easy to make and look absolutely amazing. They can be a wonderful starter, perfect evening snack or an amazing finger food in tiffins especially for kids. These cutlets are an easy way to disguise kids into eating veggies that they wouldn't otherwise eat.
- Beet root - 1 (medium sized )boiled
- Potato - 1 ( big sized) boiled
- Carrot - 1 ( smal sized) grated
- Green chilli - 4 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - a pinch
- Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp ( or as required)
- Bread Crumbs - 2 slices of bread ( blended into a blender)
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- For Coating
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1/2 cup
- Cold Water - As required
- Salt - as per taste
- Bread Crumbs - as required
To make the cutlets
- Mash the boiled potatoes and grate the boiled beetroot and carrot.
- Add all the other ingredients like the green chillies, coriander, spices, and mix well. You may adjust the seasoning as per your preference.
- Add bread crumbs if you feel it isn't coming all together to form sort of a dough.
- Cover it in a cling wrap and refrigerate for atleast 1/2 and hour before frying them.
To make the batter(coating)
- Add ice cold water to the all purpose flour( maida).
- Add salt and mix well.( The batter shldnt be too thick or too runny, just enough to coat the cutlets well)
To fry/cook the cutlets
- Take out the refrigerated dough from the fridge and shape them into cutlets.
- Keep the bread crumbs ready in a plate.
- Dip them into all purpose flour( maida) batter and coat them evenly ( you may use a spoon to do so)
- Then coat them with the bread crumbs. Dust off the excess.
- Deep fry them on a medium flame until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve them hot with coriander mint chutney, date tamarind Chutney or Tomato ketchup.