- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: - minutes
Chikoo Ice Cream
What better ways to beat the heat, with this refreshing yummy Chikoo (Sapota /Sapodilla) Ice Cream. It is very easy to prepare and requires hardly any ingredients.
Its deliciously creamy in texture and the chikoo flavour just adds to the charm !
- In a bowl add cream and whip it with a hand blender until firm peaks are formed. ( you can alternatively whip it with hand as well)
- Add the condensed milk and whip it once again.
- Add vanilla essence and mix and the base for ice-cream is ready.
- Keep it in an airtight container and cover with a cling foil.
- Then cover with a lid ( this ensures that no ice crystals are formed on the top layer )
- Pop it in the freezer for a good 3 hrs until it is just set.
- When ice cream is slightly set but not too firm take it out from the refrigerator.
- Now add in the chikoo ( Sapodilla ) pulp and the chikoo pieces to the Ice cream and mix with a spoon or spatula. ( you may also add cardamom powder if you wish to )
- Again refrigerate until firm.
- When it is firm, scoop it out and serve with some more chilled fresh chikoo pieces.