- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: - minutes
Solkadhi a very popular drink in Konkan ( coastal regions of Maharashtra, India) . It is made out of coconut and Kokum(Garcinia Indica) and generally had during or after the meals, usually after heavy meals as a digestive appetizer. A heathy detoxifying drink that is great for digestion. This pink drink is also jokingly reffered to as "Soul Kadhi " :)
- Grind all the ingredients grated coconut, green chilli, jaggery ( gul / gudh) , ginger garlic, and jeera along with water.
- Then strain out the coconut milk in a bowl.
- Once again grind the remaining pulp with a little water and strain it back in the bowl.
- Retain the coconut milk and discard the pulp .
- Then add Kokum agal to the extracted coconut milk and salt if required and mix. ( go easy on the salt since the agal already has salt in it)
Solkadhi is ready to serve. Have it after any meal or have it on its own :)
- If you like more garlicky flavour to if you may also temper it with 2-3 drops of oil and 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- You may add / reduce the amount of kokum depending how you like it. In case you do not find agal you can also make use of kokum petals by soaking them in very little water and using it.
- Refrigerate the Solkadhi for a while and then consume, it tastes amazing.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)