- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Quick Mix Vegetable Pulao
Vegetable Pulav is my moms speciality, I thouroughly enjoy her pulav . The interesting part about this pulav is that its quick to make and can be prepared in a jiffy. It definitely qualifies as a quick and easy one pot meal !!
- Basmati Rice - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Water - 2 and 3/4 cups
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Capsicum - 1/2 ( cut into cubes)
- Potato - 1
- Cauliflower - 10-15
- Carrot - 1 small chopped into cubes
- French Beans - 7-8 chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Green Paste - 1 tbsp (Coriander-Mint - ginger-garlic -green chilly paste
- Shahi Biryani /pulao Masala - 1 and 1/2 tsp ( Everest Brand)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - 8-9 finely choped
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon squeezed
- salt - to taste
- Oil and ghee - 4 tps oil + 2 tbsp ghee
- Grind and keep the green paste (Coriander-Mint - ginger-garlic -green chilly paste) ready .
- Wash the rice and drain the excess water.
- Chop all the veggies and keep aside
- In a pan heat 2 and 3/4 cups of water.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and ghee ( you may also add whole spices- garam masala to the hot oil if you like).
- Add onion and let it cook until translucent.
- Add tomato and cook for a minute.
- Then add the green paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the mint leaves.
- Add all the veggies one and one mix and saute for a minute or two.
- Add all the powdered spices and mix well.
- Once the masala starts leaving oil from the sides add the drained and soaked rice and mix well for a minute.
- Add the boiling hot water and salt. Taste and check the seasoning.
- Add freshly squeezed Lemon juice and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook until one whistle.
- Turn off the flame after one whistle and let the pressure cooker cool completely before opening it.
- Once you open the cooker mix well since the veggies will surface on the top.
- Serve hot with Papad, Pickle or Raita.
Very easy method
Thank you Sejal.. do try it out and let me know