- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tiranga Pulao - Carrot Cashew nut Peas Pulao
A tri colored pulao inspired by the three colors of the Indian National flag Orange, White and Green!! This Pulao is super quick to make and goes perfect with any Indian gravies of your choice. It tastes so good on its own too.
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Hot water - 1 and 3/4th cup
- Cumin ( zeera) - 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom (Hari Elaichi) - 4
- Green Chilli - 1
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) - 1
- Bay leaf (Tej Patta) - 1
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) - 1/4 inch piece
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 1/4 cup
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1/4 cup
- Oil and ghee - 2 tbsp ghee + 3 tsp oil
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat 1 and 3/4 th cup of water in a pan ( it may vary on the type of rice you use)
- Simultaneously in a Pressure cooker pan heat oil and ghee.
- Once oil is hot add the cumin seeds and let them crackle
- Add the green chilli and saute.
- Add the whole garam masala i.e. cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon and sauté.
- Add the carrot , cashew nuts and green peas and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the washed and drained rice, mix and sauté well for a minute.
- Add hot water and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover the Pressure cooker pan and cook until one whistle on medium heat.
- Open the cooker only when it completely cools down.
- Mix thoroughly before serving.
- Garnish with sautéed carrots, green peas and cashew nuts.